In a recent Facebook post, we asked our members what was some their favorite things to order at Bonanza (yesterday or today). Below is the Top-10 list we compiled using those comments
#10 Shrimp Cocktail (appetizer)
If you’re a fan of shrimp, the Bonanza shrimp cocktail should be on your radar. Were you a fan? Let us know in the “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page!
This tasty burger is served on a homemade roll with blue cheese and bacon. Yummy!
#8 Eggplant Parmigiana
The Bonanza Eggplant Parm is oven baked with 3 different kinds of cheese and Neapolitan red sauce. Love the smell!
#7 Chorizo Sandwich
This awesome sandwich is made with spicy chorizo sausage, cheese and sauteed onions and peppers! Were you a fan? Let us know in the “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page!
#6 Clam Chowder
Bonanza only served clam chowder on Fridays (don’t know if they still do) but many folks enjoyed it as an appetizer. We sure did!
#5 Patty Melt
Ah yes, the Bonanza Patty Melt! Who could forget the 1/2 pound burger served on fresh rye bread with cheese, grilled onions and fries! Were you a fan? Let us know in the “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page!
#4 Reuben Sandwich
Here’s a little taste of heaven! Corned beef on rye with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and Russian dressing. So many flavors in every bite!
#3 Broiled New York Steak
You didn’t have to be from New York to enjoy this delectable steak, cooked to your liking! It’s served with a potato and a veggie
#2 Filet Mignon with Rich Cabernet Butter
This melt-in-your-mouth steak will please even the most critical steak lover! Served with potato and vegetable
#1 Top Sirloin Steak
As voted by our members, the #1 menu item from Bonanza (yesterday or today) is their Top Sirloin Steak! Worshiped by true carnivores, this steak is Served with potato and salad…a killer combination. Bravo!
Little Known Facts About Bonanza Steakhouse Restaurants
The name Ponderosa was also a take on the 1960s Bonanza television show. The Cartwright family lived on the Ponderosa ranch.
Dan Blocker died in 1972 at 43 and didn’t live to see the growth of the Bonanza Steakhouse chain.
Fun Fact: Bonanza and Ponderosa and both owned by the same parent corporation! Both restaurants still have many locations open for business!
Bonanza was one of the first restaurant chains to introduce all-you-can-eat buffet-style dining.
Bonanza Steakhouse – Still Around
Find a Location:
You can click on the link below to find a location near you!
It’s still possible to own a Bonanza restaurant. To inquiry about franchise opportunities, you can click the steak below:
1. Ribeye Steak – This juicy, flavorful steak is a fan favorite for a reason. Cooked just the way you like it, it’s served with a classic baked potato and your choice of veggies.
2. Filet Mignon – For something a little more upscale, try the tender filet mignon. It’s cooked to perfection and served with a side of garlic mashed potatoes and sautéed green beans.
3. Grilled Salmon – If you’re in the mood for seafood, the grilled salmon is a great choice. It’s seasoned with herbs and served with a side of rice pilaf.
4. Fried Chicken – Bonanza’s fried chicken is crispy, juicy, and full of flavor. It’s served with your choice of sides, but we recommend the mac and cheese.
5. Baby Back Ribs – These fall-off-the-bone ribs are a must-try. They’re slow-roasted and basted in Bonanza’s signature BBQ sauce.
6. Chicken Fried Steak – For a classic Southern-style meal, the chicken fried steak is a top pick. It’s served with country gravy, mashed potatoes, and green beans.
7. Salad Bar – Don’t overlook the salad bar! It’s stocked with fresh, crisp veggies and all your favorite toppings. It’s the perfect way to start off your meal.
8. Loaded Baked Potato – If you’re in the mood for a side dish, the loaded baked potato is the way to go. It’s piled high with cheese, bacon, and sour cream.
9. Onion Rings – These golden, crispy onion rings are the perfect appetizer or side dish. They’re served with a zesty dipping sauce.
10. Chocolate Cake – Don’t forget dessert! The chocolate cake is rich, moist, and decadent. It’s the perfect way to end your meal on a sweet note.
With so many great options on the menu, it’s easy to see why Bonanza Steakhouse has been a favorite of diners