About The Film
Beverly Hills Cop is a 1984 action comedy film directed by Martin Brest and starring Eddie Murphy as Axel Foley. He’s a street-wise Detroit cop who visits Beverly Hills, California to track down a friend’s murderer. The movie was a box office hit. It grossed over $315 million worldwide, and it was praised for its humor, strong performances, and inventive action sequences. The comedy was the highest-grossing film of 1984 in North America, and as a result, is the most successful film in the series.
Be sure to add your comments in the “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page
Axel Foley (Eddie Murphy) is a Detroit police detective who is investigating the murder of his friend, Mikey Tandino (James Remar). Mikey was killed while working undercover for the FBI, and Axel is determined to find out who is responsible. He travels to Beverly Hills, California in pursuit but quickly finds himself in over his head. With the help of his old friend, police captain Andrew Bogomil (Ronny Cox), and his new partner, Detective Billy Rosewood (Judge Reinhold), Axel is able to put the pieces together and bring the killers to justice.
Beverly Hills Cop was a huge commercial and critical success and earned Murphy an Academy Award nomination for Best Actor. The film was also a success at the Golden Globe Awards, where it won the award for Best Motion Picture – Musical or Comedy. Beverly Hills Cop was followed by two sequels: Beverly Hills Cop II (1987) and Beverly Hills Cop III (1994). The sequels were not as well-received as the original, but they still found success at the box office. In 2016, the film was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress.
Beverly Hills Cop Adult T-Shirt
Officially Licensed. Cotton/poly blend. Available in adult Small, Medium, Large, XL & 2XL
Be sure to enter coupon code A15 to get 15% off your order!
Fun movie facts about Beverly Hills Cop
-The flick was originally going to be a drama, but the studio decided to make it into an action-comedy after the success of 48 Hrs. (1982).
– Eddie Murphy improvised many of his famous lines in the film, including “I’m Axel Foley, and I ain’t no damn fool.”
– The film’s opening car chase scene cost $1.5 million to shoot, which was a record at the time.
– It was the highest-grossing film of 1984, grossing over $315 million worldwide.
– The movie was nominated for two Academy Awards, including Best Original Screenplay.
– A television series adaptation of the film, starring Brandon T. Jackson as Axel Foley’s son, was aired on CBS from 2013 to 2014.
– A fourth Beverly Hills Cop film is currently in development, with Eddie Murphy set to return as Axel Foley.
– The theme song for the film, “Axel F” by Harold Faltermeyer, was a huge hit, reaching the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart in 1985
Beverly Hills Cop is an iconic ’80s film, and it cemented Murphy’s status as a Hollywood superstar. The film is also credited with helping to popularize the buddy cop genre. It remains a popular and influential film today. If you’re a fan of action comedies, then this is a must-see.
Beverly Hills Cop Cast
- Eddie Murphy – Detective Axel Foley
- Judge Reinhold – Detective William “Billy” Rosewood
- John Ashton – Sergeant John Taggart
- Lisa Eilbacher – Jeanette “Jenny” Summers
- Steven Berkoff – Victor Maitland
- Ronny Cox – Lieutenant Andrew Bogomil
- Jonathan Banks – Zack
- James Russo – Michael “Mikey” Tandino
- Stephen Elliott – Chief Hubbard
- Paul Reiser – Jeffrey
- Michael Champion – Casey
- Frank Pesce – Cigarette Buyer
- Gilbert R. Hill – Inspector Douglas Todd
- Bronson Pinchot – Serge
- Damon Wayans – Banana Man
Leave a Reply