About the Film:
Back to the Future – 1985 Movie. Released on July 3, 1985, Back to the Future was an instant blockbuster hit and one of the most beloved sci-fi comedies of all time. Directed by Robert Zemeckis and produced by Steven Spielberg, the film stars Michael J. Fox as Marty McFly, a teenager who goes back in time, where he inadvertently prevents his parents from meeting and falling in love. This would obviously erase him from history
Be sure to add your comments in the “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page
Back to the Future: The Plot
The film begins in 1985 with Marty McFly (Michael J. Fox) on top of the world. He’s a popular high school student and an ace skateboarder. He also has a beautiful girlfriend named Jennifer (Claudia Wells). However, things soon take a turn for the worse when Marty is visited by eccentric scientist Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd). Doc reveals to Marty that he has invented a time machine and that he needs Marty’s help to test it.
Before testing begins, a group of angry Libyans enter and begin an armed assault. It appears that Doc Brown swindled the Plutonium he needed as fuel for the DeLorean from them.
Marty, believing that Doc has been gunned down, flees in the time-traveling vehicle and is sent back in time to 1955. Upon arrival in the ’50s, he inadvertently interferes with his parents’ first meeting and must use all of his ingenuity and courage to set things right before it’s too late. After all, if his parents never meet, he will never have been born! Along the way, he also has to deal with the bumbling local law enforcement, and fend off the advances of his own mother Lorraine!
Lorraine asks Marty to the dance and Marty comes up with a plan. He thinks that if he makes advances on her (his future mother …ewww) she will need to be rescued by George McFly. Instead of this happening, George is assaulted by the bully BIFF. Biff then goes on to assault Lorraine but it’s George to the rescue! He becomes enraged and knocks Biff unconscious. He then escorts Lorraine to the dance. History is fixed! Marty will be born!
Back to the Future was an instant hit with audiences, and it spawned two successful sequels: Back to the Future II (1989) and Back to the Future III (1990). The film has also been praised for its strong performances, humor, and clever writing. In 2007, it was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress.
- The DeLorean time machine was originally going to be a Ford Model T
- When Doc Brown (Christopher Lloyd) first demonstrates the time machine to Marty, he sets the destination for December 26, 0000. For those of you doing the math, that’s not a date that actually exists!
- The original title of the movie was “Space Man from Pluto”
- When Doc Brown first meets Marty, he says “Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.” This is a reference to the 1985 film The Last Starfighter, where the protagonist uses a video game to help fight in an interstellar war
- The film was shot back-to-back with the sequel, Back to the Future Part II
- In order to make Marty’s skateboard look like it was hovering, the crew attached it to a wire and pulled it along with Michael J. Fox running in front of it
- The filmmakers used only 50% of the footage they shot for the movie in order to make a more concise story
- Back to the Future was nominated for 4 Academy Awards, including Best Picture and Best Screenplay
- The film grossed over $381 million worldwide on a budget of only $19 million
There are a lot of things that make Back to the Future a classic film, but some of the key elements are its humor, strong performances, and clever writing. The film is genuinely funny, and it’s full of great one-liners and gags. The cast is also terrific, with Michael J. Fox delivering a memorable performance as Marty McFly. And the script is smart and inventive, with lots of memorable scenes and set-pieces. Back to the Future is an all-around great film that has stood the test of time.
Back to the Future Cast
- Michael J. Fox – Marty McFly
- Christopher Lloyd – Emmett “Doc” Brown
- Lea Thompson – Lorraine Baines-McFly
- Crispin Glover – George McFly
- Thomas F. Wilson – Biff Tannen
Back to the Future is a classic movie that has stood the test of time. It is a story of friendship, adventure, and time travel that has captivated audiences for decades. It is a timeless classic that has been enjoyed by generations of viewers. Its iconic characters, memorable soundtrack, and thrilling plot make it a movie that will be remembered for years to come
Back to the Future Movie Quotes:
“If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything” (Doc Brown).
“Roads? Where we’re going, we don’t need roads” (Marty McFly).
“Your future is whatever you make it, so make it a good one” (Doc Brown).
“Where we’re going, we don’t need eyes to see” (Marty McFly).
“If you’re gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?” (Doc Brown).
“Great Scott!” (Doc Brown).
“This is heavy” (Marty McFly).
“I guess you guys aren’t ready for that yet. But your kids are gonna love it” (Doc Brown, referring to modern music).
“If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you’re gonna see some serious shit” (Doc Brown).
“I’m your density” (George McFly).
– “Hey you, get your damn hands off her!”
– “Why don’t you make like a tree and get outta here?”
– “It’s your kids, Marty! Something’s gotta be done about your kids!”
Are you a fan of Back to the Future? Do you have any favorite moments or quotes from the film? Let us know in the comments below! And don’t forget to check out our other articles on movies and pop culture. Stay tuned for more trivia and fun facts about your favorite films!