Dazed and Confused is a 1993 American coming-of-age comedy film written and directed by Richard Linklater. The film stars Jason London, Wiley Wiggins, Matthew McConaughey, and Parker Posey. The plot follows a group of high school seniors in Austin, Texas, on the last day of school in 1976.
Be sure to add your comments in the “Leave a Reply” section at the bottom of this page
Dazed and Confused – At the Box office
The film grossed $8 million at the box office. In 2002, the film was selected for preservation in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress. Dazed and Confused was deemed “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant”. By 2005, it was ranked number 95 on Entertainment Weekly’s list of the 100 greatest movies of the past 25 years. In 2013, the film was selected by the Library of Congress for preservation in the National Film Registry, deeming it “culturally, historically, or aesthetically significant.”
Dazed and Confused has been described as a “coming-of-age” film, and has been noted for its ensemble cast of up-and-coming actors, including Matthew McConaughey and Ben Affleck. The film also features a number of older actors in supporting roles, including Academy Award-winner M. Emmet Walsh and Academy Award nominee Jack Black.
Dazed and Confused – Cult Status
The film has achieved cult status, and is popular among teenagers and young adults. It has been ranked among the best films of the 1990s by several publications, including Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, and The A.V. Club.
– Dazed and Confused was shot on location in Austin, Texas.
– Richard Linklater has said that he cast Matthew McConaughey in the film because he wanted someone who would be “memorable” in a small role.
– McConaughey has said that his character in the film, Wooderson, is based on a real person he knew in high school.
– The film was shot in 28 days.
More Dazed and Confused Trivia
– The film’s budget was only $6 million.
– The movie was ranked #97 on Entertainment Weekly’s 100 Greatest Movies of the Past 25 Years.
– It was ranked #57 on Bravo’s 100 Scariest Movie Moments.
– The film was ranked #11 on IGN’s Top 25 Horror Films of All Time.
– Dazed and Confused was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of Congress in 2013.
– In 2014, the film was selected for preservation in the National Film Registry by the Library of England.
– The film is based on Linklater’s own experience as a high school student in 1976.
– The film features a number of cameo appearances, including one by then-unknown actor Matthew McConaughey.
– The film’s title comes from the Led Zeppelin song “Dazed and Confused”.
– It was shot on 16mm film.
– The movie was originally going to be called “The Last Day of School”.
Dazed and Confused is a classic coming-of-age film that is often cited as one of the best films of the 1990s. The film is notable for its strong cast, its depiction of teenage culture in the 1970s, and its use of period-appropriate music. If you are a fan of coming-of-age films, or simply want to see a classic film that is still relevant today, then Dazed and Confused is a must-watch.
Daze and Confused Quotes
“We’re not in junior high anymore. We’re freshmen. We’re in the big time now. Where the girls will be puttin’ out all the time.” ~ Carl
“All I’m saying is that if I ever start referring to these as the best years of my life, remind me to kill myself.” ~ Randy “Pink” Floyd
“Step into my head.” ~ Kevin Pickford
“Did ya ever look at a dollar bill, man? There’s some spooky shit goin’ on there. And it’s green too.” ~ Slater
“We’re lookin’ for you pal. Your ass will be purple before the day is over!” ~ Benny
“Alright, alright, alright.” ~ Wooderson