Bridesmaids Movie Breakdown
Bridesmaids Movie: If you loved Knocked Up, then you’ll love that director Judd Apatow sourced the star of Bridesmaids, Kristen Wiig. Playing Annie in Bridesmaids, Kristen Wiig was invited by Apatow to co-write and star in the cast of the film! Bridesmaids, the box office hit, took back the narrative that women can be funny too.
The Misadventures of a Hilarious Girl Gang
Packed with some of the biggest names in comedy, Bridesmaids follows the story of Annie, a failed baker who can’t seem to find love. The one relationship she seems to have locked down is with her best friend, Lillian, who is played by Maya Rudolph. Because of their closeness, Lillian asks Annie to stand by her side as a Maid of Honor on her wedding day, and of course, Annie agrees. At this point, no one knows just how much of a disaster lies ahead…
At Lillian’s engagement party, Annie is introduced to Helen, a friend of Lillian’s and a member of the bridal party who has more charm, money, and connections than Annie. Over the course of the wedding planning and celebrations leading up to the big day, Annie and Helen find themselves trying to one-up each other.
Watching this movie will take you through a wedding shopping excursion that becomes a literal drama storm, and bachelorette party mishap, and the crumbling of a friend group. Luckily these misadventures are accompanied by hilarious side stories and unique characters found in the other bridesmaids.
While Annie is driving her car through town, she continues to get pulled over by a sarcastic but sweet cop. First, he gives her a warning about her lights being out, but as he continues to pull her over, the dynamic changes. Their love story ebbs and flows, with Annie eventually finding love with Officer Nathan Rhodes.
Ultimately, after some rough patches and soul searching, Helen and Annie admit their jealousy for each other, find common ground, and come together to give Lillian the spotlight on her big day. Eventually saving her relationship with her best friend, getting Officer Rhodes to forgive her for how she treated him, and changing her outlook on life, Annie becomes a new person.
Unexpected Facts About Bridesmaids
- Rebel Wilson and Matt Lucas, who play Annie’s insufferable roommates in the movie actually became roommates in real life after filming!
- Jill Clayburgh, the actress who played Annie’s mother in the movie passed away before the film was released. It was the last film she ever made, and she never got to see the final product.
- Melissa McCarthy, one of the bridesmaids, and Ben Falcone who plays Air Marshall Jon in an epic flight scene are actually married in real life.
- The film wanted to be sure it didn’t become the female version of “The Hangover” so many of the Las Vegas bachelorette scenes were cut.
- Maya Rudolph was pregnant during the filming of the movie; many of her outfits featured a high belt to cover her baby bump.
Bridesmaids Movie Cast
- Kristen Wiig – Annie Walker
- Maya Rudolph – Lillian Donovan
- Rose Byrne – Helen Harris III
- Melissa McCarthy – Megan Price
- Wendi McLendon – Covey as Rita
- Ellie Kemper – Becca
- Chris O’Dowd – Officer Nathan Rhodes
- Jon Hamm – Ted
- Jill Clayburgh – Judy Walker
- Matt Lucas – Gil
- Rebel Wilson – Brynn
- Michael Hitchcock – Don
- Tim Heidecker – Douglas “Doug/Dougie” Price
- Ben Falcone – Air Marshall Jon
- Dana Powell – Flight Attendant Claire
- Mitch Silpa – Flight Attendant Steve
- Terry Crews – Rodney
- Jillian Bell – Girl at Shower
- Franklyn Ajaye – Lillian’s father
- Matt Bennett – Helen’s Stepson
Leave a Reply